Monday, October 18, 2010

SSIS Editing

When I start to use SQL SERVER 2005, I have no idea how to change the legacy DTS packages migrated from the old version of SQL Server to a SSIS package. It took me a long time to find myself around how to edit SSIS before I manage to create one SSIS package. In the process, I actually have to install Visual Studio (visual basic).

I changed a new laptop recently. To my surprise, the visual studio express series is available but I don't seems to be able to download it. There is no link to download it at all even though the Microsoft MSDN download shows the page.

Searching the internet actually turns out the fact that SQL Server itself has the tool to edit SSIS without installing Visual Studio externally. The installation is in the install disk 2 (tools). It is under Client Components, Business Intelligence Development Studio. When you select this option, the installation will actually install Visual Studio and with it the BDIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment