Friday, April 29, 2011

Creating Routes in Goggle Maps

I used to create Maps in Google Maps. Recently it has heen a point of irritation to me. Regardless of whether I create the route by "line" or "along roads". There seems to be some pointer problem. The waypoint may not always appear at the point you clicked.

Creating the route by "along roads" method is worst. The pointer will simply jump about. The trace lines may disappear for no reason. Worst of all, the resultant route may have all the waypoints but the distance indicated is not the full length. The "show the driving direction" feature was also cut short in this way.

I tried to plot the route by line then turn on "along roads". The result is the same. The route is cut short despite showing all the waypoints.

One other thing is that the "line" mode end of line clicking is hell. I don't seem to be able to click the same point to end the edit mode.

No matter what I tried I could not correct the problem. It has been like that for almost a year already and there seems to be no remedy.

IEndomondo has route creation feature also. The editing of the route is a bit crude and I cannot add additional waypoints along the route after it has been created.

Look like I am stuck with Google Map and had to live with the problem or quite creating routes all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment