Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lord's Prayer


Our Father,
Hallowed be your name
Your kingdom come
Your will be done...
Give us daiy bread
Forgive us our sins...
Lead us not into temptation...

Many scholars tends to group them in two triplets. I have a slightly odd interpretation. I pair them in the order of their group.

"Hallowed be thy name" refers to how great is God's name. "Give us daily bread" shows how humble we are. We only concerns about food for the day. (There is a whole lot of meaning to "give us our daily bread" but it is not in this context).

"Your kingdom come" shows the power of God. "Forgive us our sins" show how week we are in keeping even ourselves out of sins.

"Thy will be done" shows the determination of God. "Lead us not into temptation" shows how frail we are in our will power.

Mix the parings  in any other order and it will not sound right. Some may say I am wrong to mix and match words. Well, you may want to take it as me playing with words as usual but at least it is logical right?

Just in case people say I copy some one's idea. I could have read some articles that does the same pairing. Just can't remember where.


No comments:

Post a Comment