Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Jurong Hill Park

Even though the PSI reading was at unhealthy lever, I wasn't deterred by it. This trip is about walking on the Jurong PC to Jurong Hill.

The trip started from Lakeside MRT. Walking south towards the river and crossed it. There is a sign board telling you where you are.
Walking along the canal, you will see a line of nice trees. The place is almost empty except occasional workers commuting to work.
Not much flowers available here except many tiny flowers.
and this
or this. I don't bother to find out the names of the flower here. They will be copied to one directory where  I will try to identify and perhaps later updated on individual flowers in my blogs. It will take tremendous amount of time to write and identify at the same time. I am no flora and fauna guy.
Across the canal you could see the Jurong Central Park from here.
I will go into it on the return leg.  There isn;t much to see except factories all the way. However, the aroma of coffee and then later Kong Guan Biscuit simply lifts up my spirit.
At the end of the Jurong PC, I have to walk on the foot path then goes under the AYE to reach the Jurong Hill.

Jurong Bird Park is just next to my route after exiting under the AYE. But I am on an exercise trip and not tour thus passed it on.
Here, I was frantically trying to find a foot path up the Jurong hill. There isn't one. Thus had to take to the road to walk up.
This sign board is cute. It says "Entry is free after 5pm" then followed immediately by "insert your cash card". The tendency is for one to read it as complete sentence especially when you read it in Chinese. The Chinese words besides the 6 larger character implies that it is "free parking insert cash card". Why should one insert cash card when it is free? It simply confuses people. The better way is to say "insert cash card" first in big letters in red background then the rest in small letters in black.
Since there is a foot path to the top, I took the foot path first.
There are many trees with stone inscriptions on it. On closer look on one of them, I noticed it is planted by high officials form other countries. The one I took is QEII.
There is a spiral ram where you could walk even higher. But since the haze is thick. It is probably a waste of time and effort.
Only when I walk towards the road down the hill then I noticed this.
Maybe it should be named as "Garden of Fame for the rich" since there is no pedestrian access and rich people who drives can access easily.
Along the down hill way, there are a number of plants that are taller than me.
Plants can really find its own way to spread. This parasitic plant grow on a old tree stump.
On the way back, I just can't help capturing two pictures which I noticed earlier on the way in. The following picture shows an old path that ends in nowhere.
This picture shows a new path that starts from no where. There were just 50 meters apart on the other side of the canal. Probably NParks runs out of money to complete it. But why builds it without completing? If you care to notice the railing. The paints are all peeled off. It is not just this part. The whole stretch of the railings along the canal are the same. Such an ugly sight.

After this, I have reach the part where there is a crossing to the other side of the canal.
Right behind it is a large shed for resting.
I noticed that this part of the PC is used for IPPT. There is a sign board saying so. Anyhow, the path crosses another canal on a shrub lined bridge.
There are some weeds that looks nice.
And a small flowering plant that goes with it.
Being a cyclist, just can't help taking a picture of this tricycle with a cargo hold. It is quite new as the wraping is still there.
Further down, there is a playground with a difference. There are a few equipment that are unique. This one shows a wire going across the top and a wire with a seat that could slide across the field. It is for people to sit on and slide along with the help of others. Apparently, the girl got fed up with the boy for not allowing her to play.
There is a tower with a display on the top. I can't make out what it is trying to show. Obviously, it is not for public access as I can't find a stair to get up the tower.
On the way to McDonalds, took two flower pictures.
Back onto the PC after the drink, I noticed a brown thing hanging on the tree. It is about 5cm long and probably 1.5cm wide. Looks like an insect cocoon but it is probably a spider den.
It is around here that my Navigation hand phone runs out of juice. My Endomondo phone still have 19% charge. This is the result of me forgetting to fully charge my phone before coming out. Also, I was lazy to carry my portable charger. Luckily, I am almost at the end of the journey.

An almost complete WikiLoc recorded route (that was in my navigation phone where I took pictures on in) is available here.

http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=4698656

One thing I noticed that there were hardly any other users of the PCN except one or two using it for commuting to work. Probably because it is right in the industrial area and that the haze also plays a part.




No comments:

Post a Comment