Monday, July 08, 2013

Pandan Reservoir

Pandan Reservoir is situated in Jurong area sandwiched between Buloh Road and West Coast Road. The nearest MRT access is Jurong East MRT.  This trip is by far the quickest for the same distance as the two Kilometer from the MRT to the reservoir is on foot path. There is not much plants to take note of except those that are in the gardens of private estates and commercial buildings.

The reservoir path is slightly more than 6 KM. It is devoid of facilities except a canoe club and two short floating bridge on the north side of the reservoir.

It is also lacking in variety of plants available. All I get is plenty of Morning glory, Common Asystasia, Mimosa plus some other weeds. There is not even a shrub available on the whole stretch of path ways not to mention any trees. This path way is raised about 3 meters above ground level. The water in the reservoir is actually higher than the surrounding by at least 2 meters. Trees were planted below the walkway and quite far away from it.

It is so open that at 8.30 am, the sun is unbearably hot after walking for a quarter of an hour. I end up doing a brisk walk instead. Mid way along the reservoir path I extended my hiking stick to help propel myself a bit rather than let it hang as a dead weight.

Only after I exited from the reservoir then I retracted my hiking in its storage position. While doing this, a cyclist coming from behind me was caught by the stick's handle. He almost fell because I was holding the stick tightly with two hand to release the locking system.

The trip ended back at the Jurong East MRT (actually at Jcube).

There were very little people using the path at the time I was there. Partially due to the fact that half of the path is next to industrial buildings. The other quarter of the path is next to the Pandan River. Only one quarter is housing board buildings. Moreover, this place is 2 KM from the nearest MRT not a convenient meeting place to go.

There is only one picture worthy of showing. The two plants that I took pictures of  is listed just for fun. One thing is that the Common Asystasia picture is very clear.
You can see the recorded route here at WikiLoc.

Please don't look at the bing map. It is showing that I walked across water at the western end of the reservoir. The Pandan river is broken into two. One short one near the coast and the other end actually joins to Pandan Reservoir. This map is probably WW2 map. The pandan reservoir exists decades ago. I am surprised that it has a location tag of the place that has over 9000 "likes".

No comments:

Post a Comment