Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Chinese Garden to Bukit Batok

This is a trip from one MRT to another. The main purpose is to go through the Neighborhood Park along the Pie between the two station.

The trip started from Chinese Garden MRT. Got a bit lost along Jurong East Ave 1 before reaching the west end of the park. There is no plants along the way before the park. There is also nothing that interests me in the park till I reached near Jurong Town Hall Rd.

This Lolly Fruit tree was planted by Hong Kah MP. Unfortunately, it is not fruiting season.

Sad to see the sorry state of the sign board. No surprise as it is set more than 14 years ago.

Further down there is a Chiku tree.

You can also find Rambutans growing here.

After crossing the Jurong Town Hall Rd, I came across this variant of a Codiaeum. I prefer the broad leaf version better.

Almost at the end of the park, I found this Wild Cinnamon tree.
After Reaching Bukit Batok West Ave 8, I have to answer to natures call thus had to cut through a morning market to find a toilet. On the way back to the route, saw this Sun Flower on sale at a shop. It is the first flower that I found after walking almost 4 KM.

Found this Japanese Yew in a small garden near Blk 115.

An Australian Pine tree is also in the vicinity.

Just before Bukit Batok Central is this Red Lip tree.

Next to the Red Lip tree is this plant that I failed to identify.

I found this Evodia plant lmost at the end of the trip. Its leaves really have funny shape.
With the second flower picture, the trip comes to an end. It is about 4.5 KM (minus the detour and lost track.)

The Wikiloc route map is here.

The Picasa album is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment