Monday, October 07, 2013

Hort Park to Kent Ridge

This is one route that I have to try 4 times before completing it. The trip was cancelled twice because of rain. It was aborted the third time due to the battery running out because of the sheer numbers of photos taken in Hort Park. The latter become a trip by itself.

This trip still starts at Hort Park as according to the plan. However, I tried to avoid taking too many pictures in Hort Park. I only look for those that I have missed.

As I start from Labrador Park MRT down Alexandra Road (not part of the planned route), I am always intriged by this Micky Mouse Plant. Previously I missed the flower. This time I managed to find one blooming. The red colored thing is actually the fruit.


In Hort Park itself, I found this Aglaonema nitidum 'Ernesto's Favorite’ plant.
This Tapeinochilos densum is near the main building.

This Society Garlic plant is also near by. Unfortunately, the picture is blurred due to its small flower. Just can't use a auto focus camera to take a sharp picture.

Misletoe Fig is one fruit that I love looking at. It is in a pot.

The Grass Lily look exortic. Notice that the picture is focused properly. It is due to the object being big enough for auto focusing to work properly.

There are quite a number of plants that I could not find its name in this trip. This one have very unique leaves.

I am simply attracted to white flowers. Probably because they looked heavenly white. A marvelous nature's creation. This Moth Orchid is exquisite.

I had a hard time finding a good spot to take a picture of this Pride of India flower.


There are a number of Vertical Garden. This picture is taken at such an angle to make them looked like one panel.

This Bakoto Plum plant fruit looks delicious.

The Candle Bush looks quite unique.

This bush is too nice to miss even when I can't find its name.

Have you eaten a Purple Chilli?

I am not sure if this is really a Four O'clock Flower.

Burma Padauk flower is big.

This Spotted Dove don't mind me taking a picture of it. It keep still enough for me to slowly take a picture. I only managed to find its name from another trip at Canopy Walk.

Another nice plant which I cannot find its name.

Ruby Good Luck Cactus, such a funny name.

The Elephant Ear Fig fruit appears at the root. Its leaf really look like an elephant's ear.


This Eugena Glauca plant would have been missed by me if it does not have a name tag. It has no flower or special feature to identify it.

Fish Killer Plant got is name probably from its use.
I guess this plant is a 高檐蒲桃. Its name is found in a Chinese Flora site.  I am not very sure whether it is correct.

This plant's flower is grown along the branch of this tree. Its name again eludes me.


This Light-red Meranti tree is probably the correct name.

This Wild Tea grows along the foot path.
Instead of going on the Canopy Walk as usual, I choose to walk on the foot path to see if there are any nice flowers and plants available. I found a fruit tree that I could not find the name. It has flowers too.


Finally found a tree that comes with a name tag. It is a Norfolk Island Pine.

The Blackboard Tree is easier to identify due to its flower.

Another Rubber Tree (Fig).
One more plant that I cannot find the name.
This Greater Galangal of the Ginger gender is nice.

At the end of the Kent Ridge Park is a lake. You can see that it is a muddy lake.

This weird looking plant which I cannot identify is along the Science Park Dr.

This Spicy Jathropa is found on Science Park Dr also.

A sign board says that "Kent Ridge" is name by consent of QEII. This sign board is at the beginning of Kent Ridge Rd.
Sad to say, this plant is nice but cannot find the name.

A nice plant is this Staghorn Clubmoss.
There is nothing much to take picture on the rest of the road. Its foot path also seems to jump across the road randomly (only one foot path available). At the end of the road, I have to walk through a number of building on a path way to Lower Kent Ridge Rd. There is nothing much to see until University Hall Auditorium.

This Olive-leaved Memecylon is found in a garden in front of the Auditorium. There is a sign board indicating its name.

A Village Ardisia is also nearby with a name tag. Unfortunate only leaves are available.

Although the name sounded vulgar, this Bastard Guelder flower is nice looking.

A Rose Myrtle is found in this garden too.

A Tea Tree is found near Faculty of Dentistry.

The trip ended at Food Court at NUH.

Although there wasn't a lot of plants species available. I have a hard time finding their names. There are at least 7 species that goes without name. This blog is almost one month late. I see no point in the search for names this just leave it till other sources are available.

The WikiLoc route map is available here.

The full Picasa Album is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment