Saturday, October 05, 2013

Kallang to Bishan

The original plan is to go the reverse way. Since I was at the south end of the island when I decided to embark on the route, it make sense to go the reverse way instead.

The trip has a bad start. It rained heavily when I was about to start the trip at Kallang MRT. Thus, I spend about an hour plus waiting for the rain to stop. It never stops so I took a walk in the rain since I have an umbrella with me.

There is a small garden near BLK 12 on the Kallang PC. This Glory Flower looks nice.


I have cycled by the PC many times but never really look around. It is a surprise to see this sign board.
Although it is nothing much on the floating deck, it is a nice place to walk when you look at the river bank. There are quite a lot of vegetation growing on it.

There is a green field between Serangoon Rd and Bendeemer Rd. It is filled with quite a number of new trees. This tree looks nice but I just can't find its name despite it has fruits on it.

There is a tiny park near to the Moonstone Lane, This Arroowhead Vine grows very well here.

I found this Dieffenbachia bauseii after crossing Potong Pasir Ave 1.

Two clocks were found hanging on a fence further down. I don't know why they were there. Obviously, they runs out of battery.

After crossing the last of the 5 bridges (of various height) at Braddell Rd, I come across this fluffy Gelam Tikus.
Whoa! There is a 丹顶鹤 (Red Crowned Crane) in a garden near Braddle Rd. Just pulling your leg. It is not real.

I really appreciate those animals that come out to pose for me to take pictures. They simply keep still long enough for me to take pictures.



This Chinese Perfume Plant grows just opposite the Bishan Train Depot. It really have nice smell.

Instead of going via the main road, I decided to cut across via the PC exit near Kuo Chuan Sec Sch. I am glad I have. This beautiful Crepe Myrtle is growing beside Bishan St 13.

Made a wrong turn to Bishan St 14 but still managed to get to Bishan MRT.

This trip is not that long but there are four major overhead bridges to traverse. Plus the two smaller bridge or stair case, it make the PC detestable to many cyclists. I used to carry my bike across to exercise my arm power. It sure is tiring to cross the overhead bridges especially the one near Chapel of the Resurrection. It has four flights of stairs compared to the normal 2 or 3 flights type.

The WikiLoc map is here.

There isn't much extra pictures I took besides those that I shown here. I will skip the Picasa album.

No comments:

Post a Comment