Thursday, October 24, 2013

One North MRT to Boena Vista MRT

This trip is mostly centered on One North Park. This trip is unplanned. It is just a small park and thus was prepared to do impromptu adjustments. Previously I did planned for it but went through the park without even taking a single picture. This time I am prepared to walk to every corner of the park.

The trip starts from One North MRT. I exit to the wrong place and turned at the wrong direction due to the GPS still not tracking properly. Thus I almost walk around the shopping mall.

While at One-north Gateway, I saw a man walking towards the MRT. The cute part is that he is walking against the traffic on the road on his left near the center  road divider. Even with minimal vehicle traffic, it seems very inappropriate to walk in such way. I wanted to take a picture but refrained from doing so.

The first tree  I come across is a Indian Banyan Tree. It is actually a Fig specie.


Instead of walking the flat path as previously, I choose to walk up the flights of stairs instead. I saw this huge Rubber Tree (another Fig specie).

Looking further ahead, I saw nothing new and thus decided to turn to the right. I walked towards the flat path.

While walking along the path, I saw a sign board below a tree. This is a Indian Laurel Fig. As the name indicates, it is a Fig specie too. No flower nor fruit is available but the leaves looks nice.

There is a Pink Fragipani tree further down.

There is a path that goes up hill again. This path is actually on top of the man made Water Wall ( a long wall with water overflowing it). The path leads to a dead end. I have to take the zig zag path up hill again. After almost walking round in circles, the path leads to the bottom side of the Water Wall.

At the end of the Water Wall, I found yet another Fig specie. This one is a Weeping Fig.

Further down there is a huge Red Bean Tree. I am surprised that my L27 can take a picture of the seed way up the tree.

Got a bit lost after the tree as the path seems to be going round and round. While looking for a way out, I saw a man picking something from the floor. I went close and saw that he actually picks the Red Bean seed. I asked if he could allow me to take a picture of the seeds. He obliged.

Finally found the correct path to one more Fig tree. This one is also an Indian Banyan Tree but it has the real feel with roots growing from the branches.

After this tree, the path ends at North Buona Vista Rd. Seeing that I barely make it to 3 KM, I decided to take the long way via the Star Vista. The decision was a good choice. There are more nice plants just in front of the shopping center.

This Honeysucker grows there. Although you can see two different colors. They are actually from the same plant.


The Bush Clock Vine flower looks gorgeous especially when the sun shines on it.

This pure blue Lantana looks very beautiful.

In contrast the orange flower from a Flying Goldfish plant, is very striking.

This Giant Sensitive plant is growing just beside the Buona Vista MRT. Unfortunately, the flowers are already dying.

The trip ends at the Buona Vista MRT. Total distance is 3 KM. Interestingly, my Endomondo records only 2.6KM. Usually it records longer distance than WikiLoc.

The plants in this trip is easy to identify. I finished it late last night.

The WikiLoc route map is here.

The full Picasa album is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment