Saturday, December 07, 2013

East Parks

This trip is to make up for those smaller park that I did not visit in my previous trips. The distance required to go through all the parks is quite long thus I changed to cycling activity instead.

The first park to visit is Green Oval. There is no plants that interests me in there.

The next park is Brontosaur Park. It sounded like a Dinosaur park to me but I am very disappointed that it has nothing to do with Dinosaurs. Many stainless steel sculpture are in the park. As I am not really interested in the man made things, I skipped all that without taking a single picture as there are no interesting plants available. On exiting the park, I came a cross a play ground with a Dinosaur toy in it. it is a Triceratops. Well, at least I get to take a picture of a Dinosaur.
I have visited Pasir Ris Town Park before but have not gone through the part of the park that is in my route. I had to go through it anyhow as this park is right in between the previous park and the Atlantis Park. Unfortunately, it is a fruitless detour. No picture of interest is taken.

Sea Shell Park has a sea shell theme. However, it is still man made and there are no interesting plants available. I go through it empty handed again.

Pasir Ris St 21 Park is a small park. It is just not my day. I took no digital image of the plant there.


Park Aquaria is yet another of the small parks. No luck here too.

I finally found one worthy plant while cycling on a cycling path. It is a Forget-me-not.

My happiness soon turn to disappointment. The cycling path cuts across a HDB car park entrance but it is not suitable to cycle across the road. The curbs are not slopped. This is again another obstacle by the designers. The foot path on both sides of the path are slopped (just 10-20 meters away). Why they design a cycling path like that is a mystery.

The disappointment caused me to lost track of direction and end up going around in a HDB Carpark. Finally, managed to get hold of myself and is able to continue on the path.

After crossing a pedestrian bridge, I saw this small Morning Glory growing on the barrier of the bridge. Could not get a nicer picture because I forget to bring my L27.
Along the Park Connector, I saw this White Dillenia. A very large flower.

I skipped the Eco Park and Sunplaza Park as I have gone through them in previous trips. 

Tampines Central Park gives me at least one chance to take a picture. It is a Peregina, a very common but nice plant.

I have gone through Bedok Town Park before. I had to go through it again as it is the only way to avoid going on roads.

There are small gardens in the park. I took a picture of a Panama Rose. It is too blurred thus I don't want to show it here. Instead the picture of a White Adler nearby is still acceptable. The Android camera just cannot focus on the right thing or maybe I get too close to the flower.

The exit of the park is blocked by construction. I had to use the sheltered walkway along Bedok North Road as there is no way to cross the road except the overhead bridge which I cannot access.

Took a picture of a Betel nut palm (I think). Google suddenly decided to make it "Awesome" by changing it to a GIF with animation. I actually don't care about the awesomeness of GIFs.


The last park has no name. I found a tree planted by a big shot minister. It is a Cook Pine.

The route plan has a big flaw. Part of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 is closed for construction. Took a big loop around to go to Eunos Rd. The trip ends at Eunos Rd.

The WikiLoc route map is here.

The Picasa Album is omitted as most pictures already appeared here.

No comments:

Post a Comment