Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Vivo to Tiong Bahru

This trip is a tour of three parks and a short cut through Faber Park via the Malang Trail. The trip starts from Vivo city (Harbor Front MRT).

The route starts at Marang Rd. There is a sign board at the entrance so you can't miss it at all.

At the end of the Malang Trail, There is a trail going down hills just slightly to the right of the Malang trail exit. It is across the Mt Faber Rd. Just before going down, I saw this Pink Trumpet Vine plant growing on the overhead cover of pedestrian walk.

That flower is the only plant picture I took. Since the trail goes a nature forest, there isn't much to take picture on.

At the Purmei Park, this Peregrina grows beautifully but sparsely. You will notice that the flower is wet. It is still drizzling. Again, this is the only flower picture I took in the park.

Saw this Xanadu Philodendron growing on a tree along Lower Delta Rd.

Henderson Park has been cut short. The elongated part has been made a car park and a Point block building is right in the middle. I noticed that there is a security sitting at the point block lift entrance. This is quite a surprise to me as it looked just like any HDB block.

Anyhow, there isn't much plant in the now small park. I notice this QRCODE tagged on to a tree. It is a code that I cannot understand. You can see the text of the code below the code.

At both end of the park are maps that show the visitor where they are. Consider that the park is opened in 2004, it is very seasoned.

Some where near the middle of the park is a infected Crepe Myrtle. You can see the infected leaves in both pictures.


The white Thunbergia is my favorite. There are normal bluish ones growing too but I did not take any picture of them.

This Shower of Gold (climber) grows at the bottom of a structure. There are other plants growing on the structure.

Further down there are Corkscrew flower growing. It is not so nice to look at thus I only use my Android to take a picture of it.

The trip ended at Tiong Bahru MRT.

The WikiLoc trail map is here.

One point to note about WikiLoc is that its ranking system keep changing. I am quite disappointed that it will not keep constant. However, I am not really keen to play the game they intended user to do.

WikiLoc included "trip buddy" in the page but some how excluded my participation in all the trips I went. At least they should recognize that I had went through the trip right?

Most of the pictures are shown here already so I will not include the link to my Picasa Album for this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment