Friday, February 07, 2014

Autofocus Points in Camera

Saw an ads on camera that toots the number of AF Points (autofocus points). This is one jargon that is predominantly used for Digital camera. 
I really cannot understand whether this should be the selling point. If I have 25 AF point, which one would the camera use to focus on the subject I want? Can the camera think for me? The result is that I cannot really tell which one it uses to focus on.

Some have touch focus where you can touch the object so that the camera can focus on it. My experience is that it is still useless. On big objects, it is still fine. It simply cannot do the job of focusing on small object on complex background like taking a picture of a insect on branches with small leaves.

Some other camera did indicates which AF point it uses however, it still can't tell which one I wanted thus ended up with so many tries just to get right. Therefore, if the camera does not have Manual Focus, it is just for general use thus the number of AF points is not a selling feature.



No comments:

Post a Comment