Friday, April 01, 2016

Is Android screen locking App useful?

Tried an application on my android that have a lock screen widget floating on the screen. It can work as purposed. I do face a few difficulties.
It usually failed right after I lock it and then unlock although the widget still appears after the message. It is quite annoying to see the message popping out. It seems to be intermittently disappearing also. Moreover it interferes with my keyboard widget. My keyboard keep goes intermittently missing while I am typing.
Finally give up and unset the floating lock screen icon and used shortcut icon instead. It worked only on the home screen but I usually close all app before doing manual screen lock so it still works fine for me.
Some might ask why I want to use an app to lock screen. Well, On off button is a mechanical device. It will fail if used too often. So rather than clicking it twice every time I want to use the phone, the app will remove one click. That is half the number of clicks. 

Most screen lock app works about the same way. I tried two and it has same issues.


grin emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment