Friday, July 21, 2017

Caldecott to King Albert Park

It was quite some time since I last blog about walking trips. This trip is from Caldecott MRT to King Albert park MRT.

The trip starts at Caldecott. Walking along Thomson Road to reach MacRitchie Reservoir. Bought a drink at Mushroom Cafe and immediately noticed this Cymbidium finlaysonianum orchid.



After walking along the lake side for a while, a Malay Viscount start to flash around so I am obliged to take a picture of it.


Further down, there is a maimed Multiline Sun Skink.


When I turned inland, a black bird perched on a barren tree trunk. But I cannot identify it before it flew away. Guess it is a Drongos.


A bit further down, an Archduke settled in front of me. Again I am obliged to take a photo of it.


Walked across the golf course with nothing much to see but meet quite a number of hikers coming from opposite end. Further down, I saw Purple Heron. This one is probably the same one I saw earlier but flew away before I can take a photo.


An Oriental Macpie Robin can't resist to show off in front of me again.



Before I move away from the reservoir, a bright colored Common Posy flashing its way around. I had to stop and wait for it to settle down. I seems to be attracting all the living things in the reserve, it settled right within my camera shot distance.


Further in land, there is a young plant that is full of  Branded Imperial. They are so engrossed that I can even walk very near them.



A few steps away, two species of damselfly came by. These are large species. I can't tell its specie name but got a hint from a fellow observer who took a picture nearby on the next day. It is probably a Vestalis amethystina. It should have very nice purple wings but this two are either dull brown or clear wings.



The next animal I come across is at the dirt track which is still labelled "Riffle Range Road". It is probably a Robber Fly. Interestingly there are a number of observation of this specie in Singapore but no one can positively identify to specie name. Just look at the muscular legs.


Nearby a Mycalesis appears. I have problem distinguishing between species so just stay at gender level.


Near the Army camp, saw a family of Treehugger. A male and a female resting side by side.



Just before reaching the real Riffle Range Road, a Yellow Vein Lancer makes its debut.


Along Riffle Range Road till King Albert Park, there is no other sighting. The trip ends at King Albert Park MRT.

Total distance covered is 11.48KM.

Almost all the photos are already shown so there is no album link.
Since this is a repeat trip, it is not uploaded to Wikiloc.

No comments:

Post a Comment